Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chicken Empanadas

I know it's been a long time, but it's tough for a lazy bum like myself to keep up with anything. I caught the productivity bug this weekend, got a little writing done and got back to this blog. I found a recipe for Chicken Empanadas when I was cleaning out my junk drawer. I didn't use pie crust, I used these Goya Discos I found at the store. For my chicken, I cut up some chicken tenderloins, seasoned it with some Slap-Yo-Mama, and fried it up. Since the recipe said the chicken should be chopped, I used my little food processor to chop it up.


I mixed up all my ingredients, but had a little trouble with my cream cheese. I didn't let it soften, so the mixture just had these big chunks of cream cheese in it.


It was all easier than I thought. When I filled my discs, I tried to smooth out some of the cream cheese chunks (I didn't want them to be cream cheese empanadas). I think I did a good job of folding up my empanadas.


I was a little worried about baking them because the Goya instructions said to fry them. I watched them as they baked and was a little worried because I could see some of them coming apart. They came out okay, but as my husband kindly pointed out they looked like they had the mumps.


I paired it with black beans and Goya Mexican Rice.


Even though they looked a little scary, everything was yummy. My husband had seconds and so did I. Please excuse the paper plate and plastic fork, but I do hate cleaning dishes and this makes for an easy, breezy clean up. Chicken Empanadas = Success!

1 comment:

  1. You cook then HE cleans. That should be your new rule! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete