Monday, January 2, 2012

Cinnamon Biscuits

My husband has been franticly looking for cinnamon biscuits that he used to eat and we can never find them.  Being the awesome wife that I am, I decide that I can make some.  How hard could it be to make a cinnamon biscuit?  I went to the internet to find a recipe and most of them required baking canned biscuits and dipping them in cinnamon. In my mind that’s not a cinnamon biscuit.  It should have cinnamon inside. Right? So, being the genius that I am, I come up with the perfect plan. I’ll buy some biscuit mix and just add cinnamon.  Yummy!?

I buy a mix that only requires water to be added.  I pour in cinnamon (no measurements, I got this), sugar, and a cap full of vanilla extract. 

As you can see, I may have went a little overboard on the cinnamon.  But hey, this could be good.  I add ½ cup of water and the mix is still a little dry, so I add a little more.  As my confidence is slowly fading I drop the mix onto the cookie sheet. 

Into the oven they go and I’m wondering what else I have in the kitchen that I can eat for breakfast.  Ten minutes later, I remove them from the oven. 

They look like big piles of dung, but I take a bite and… GROSS!  When my husband tried them, he said they weren’t too bad, just a little dry.  Back to the drawing board.  Cinnamon Biscuit = FAIL.

2 comments:

  1. lol they do look like turds! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husbands are a lil harder to please, lol...kids woulda dipped them in milk and called u supermom. They would also have said the look like poopoo.

    ReplyDelete